Marcos Viñals Bassols
Scenographer / Art Director
During the past 25 years he created world-class scenic designs for theater productions in Belgium, France, The Netherlands and abroad, with famous directors like Franco Dragone, Franz Marijnen or Dirk Decloedt.
As a scenographer and art director, Marcos created, designed and directed numerous large-scale shows, opening ceremonies and TV sets in different countries in Europe and also in the Middle-East, Russia, China and Turkey.
Since 1999, Marcos has been designing major exhibitions and museums, like the permanent exhibition for the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo in 2015, or The Smurfs Experience, an immersive experience touring worldwide after being displayed in Brussels and Paris.
Marcos also creates experiences and light art installations, like Ovo, a multi-sensory art installation touring worldwide since 2010, or Tree Rings, a light art installation on the whole Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris in 2011-2014.
- Master of Fine Arts degree in Scenography at the Superior National School of Visual Arts of La Cambre, Brussels, 1989-1994
- Studies of interior architecture at Institut Saint-Luc, Brussels, 1988-1989
- Scenic design for theatre, workshop directed by Josef Svoboda, 1998
- Scenic design for opera, workshop directed by Willy Decker, 2000
- Since 1994 : Scenographer & Art Director for theater, shows, events, opening ceremonies, entertainment, musicals, dance & concerts.
- Since 1999 : Exhibition Designer & Concept Designer for exhibitions & museums.
- Since 2009 : Art installations creator, concept design, design development, and production of art installations
- Since 2014 : Stage Director for shows, opening ceremonies and exhibitions, including script writing and storytelling
Vray for Sketchup °°°°
Mac iWork suite °°°°°